Addidrive, the innovative AWD transmission system
The advantages of the two-wheel drive vehicle, in the four-wheel drive version
Addidrive: a real innovation in the automobile market, it is the first hydraulic power transmission that lets you transform a two-wheel drive vehicle intol four-wheel drive with minimum impact on chassis and consumption.
Originally intended for the original equipment market, the Addidrive transmission is installed in parallel with the regular transmission to power the rear axle of a front-wheel drive vehicle.
- The mechanical transmission on the front wheels is still the main vehicle transmission.
- Addidrive transmission on the rear wheels gives you extra drive power when you need it.
Addidrive was awarded the Trophée d’Or for Innovation at the Equip Auto show in 2015, in the category "OEM – New Technologies."
Robustness and power density
Addidrive transmission is an innovative product specifically developed for the automobile market, benefiting from all of Poclain's experience in hydraulics.
Many of the hydraulic technology features are beneficial for the automobile market:
- Lightweight, small size components
- Power available immediately and transmitted through high pressure pipes and hoses
- Very low mechanical losses